Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dislocated



This past weekend I dislocated my right shoulder. Furthermore it was the first run of the day and in the mini park doing a trick I've done a thousand times with no problems. Now I am out three weeks in a weird sling. It could be worse though, I’ve had my fair share of injuries from skating and snowboarding and many of them have been much more long term, even season-enders. So, though it was extremely painful, my life is still pretty good, at least that’s what I’m going to tell myself to get through this.
This whole experience got me thinking a little bit. The word dislocation is perfect for my injury. Not only was my shoulder out of its socket, but my life is out its socket too. I am lost on the weekends without snowboarding in the winter. These kinds of things make you realize how good your life really is and how much you take parts of it for granted. So here’s to snowboarding, the best thing that has ever happened to me. Cheers! I’ll have a beer for you these next few weekends while I wait. I’ll be back for you soon.

No comments: