Monday, July 6, 2009

AR-15's and Submachine Guns

Sorry its been so long since the last update but I've been busy and didn't want to waste your time with worthless updates.
Anyhow, over the 4th I had the chance to get involved in some true American activities, specifically the right to bear arms. I went to Nebraska where the farmers we were with had a few big guns to shoot in celebration.

I also recently learned that the inventor of the AR-15, the gun that the military adopted as the M16 was invented by a man named Eugene Stoner (the same glorious last name as myself). Thus I researched to find out a little more. I'm not sure if we're directly related but I do know that the AR-15 was used in the infamous North Hollywood Shootout.

I am in no way endorsing what these two bank robbers did but it was an intense experience to hold such a powerful weapon while sharing the same last name as the inventor as well.

No comments: